The Bear Trap is an item that can be placed to cause significant damage to anybody who steps on it. It is used by the Scoundrel default mercenary.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Once placed, the trap remains where it is indefinitely until triggered and features a small trap icon above it to alert friendly players. Damage dealt is based on the victims leg armor:
If a player survives the damage, they are knocked onto their backs for a moment, leaving them vulnerable. After being placed, a new bear trap can be acquired by interacting with a Resupply Box.
Alt Mode: N/A
Gear cost: 4 points
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Can instantly kill anyone with light or no leggings, and even those with medium or heavy leggings will be knocked over and left vulnerable.
- Can make for a nasty surprise if hidden well, such as when placed behind a door, around a corner, in a bush or in a river.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Cannot be picked back up after being triggered.
- The trap owner and teammates can still be damaged, knocked prone, and even killed by the trap damage.
- If the user is struck by a melee weapon while holding the bear trap, it will be immediately dropped.
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players who are crouching will not trigger bear traps and can cross over them safely.
- Hitting the middle of the trap with any melee weapon will trigger it without causing damage to the player, effectively disabling it.
- Damage dealt is halved for the trap owner and teammates, regardless of whether the Friendly perk is used or not.
- Can be equipped by Peasants.
- You can only have a max of 4 beartraps active at the same time.