|This article is a stub. You can help Mordhau Wiki by .|
Overview[edit | edit source]
While aiming the Crossbow, the player's view will zoom in slightly, and their crosshair will change to help guide the shot a little better. Right clicking while aiming will return the crossbow to its idle state without firing. To reload the Crossbow's ammunition, interact with a Resupply Box.
Alt Mode: None
Gear cost: 21 points
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Has the fastest projectiles in the game out of all three bows.
- Has comparable damage to the Longbow while also having a much lower point cost.
- Once the weapon is loaded, it will stay that way until fired - even after switching to other weapons or dropping it.
- Aim can be held indefinitely with no penalties, unlike the other bows.
- While the user has the Huntsman perk and meets its conditions, the damage to heads and torsos increases by 3x.
- Can be pulled out and fired incredibly quickly, even while still in the animation for switching to it - provided it's loaded, of course.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Has an extremely long reload time, during which the user is forced to stop moving and look towards the ground (which may cause motion sickness for some).
- Has the lowest ammo count of the three main ranged weapons.
- Crossbow bolts cannot be lit on fire at an Arrow Pit.
- If the user is struck by a melee weapon while holding the crossbow, it will be immediately dropped.
Skins / Components[edit | edit source]
The Crossbow has X skins.
Historical References[edit | edit source]
The Crossbow was invented in 7th century BC in ancient China and later made by the Greeks in the 4th century BC
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a crossbow is dropped and picked back up again by its owner, it will retain the amount of ammo it had left. If another player picks it up, it will only come with a maximum of 3 shots.