|This article is a stub. You can help Mordhau Wiki by .|
Not to be confused with its one-handed variant, the Short Spear
The Spear is a two-handed weapon with effective stabs and the longest reach in the game.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Spear is a long, wooden shaft with a sharp point at the end, and is the longest weapon in the game in its default mode. It is used by the Footman default mercenary. The spear can prove to be a reliable and versatile two-handed weapon, especially thanks to its long reach allowing the user to easily keep enemies at bay.
Alt Mode: Adjusts grip to hold the spear closer to its tip, significantly reducing its reach and reducing thrust damage slightly, but making it faster overall with higher swing damage.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- In its default form, it is the longest weapon in the game at 180 cm.
- Has a solid amount of damage and knockback on its thrusts.
- Overall speed and swing damage is improved considerably in its alt mode.
- Is useful against horses, as it makes them rear up upon headshots.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Has the highest point cost of almost any other melee weapon, leaving little room for other perks or equipment.
- Has poor swing damage, though this is somewhat remedied by its alt mode.
- Its long reach can actually be somewhat detrimental in confined fighting spaces, particularly with its swings, due to the risk of simply hitting a wall instead.
Skins / Components[edit | edit source]
The Spear has X skins.
Historical References[edit | edit source]
---Someone add text please---
Notes and Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The spear's swings in its normal form are one of the few attacks which have a decimal involved in their base damage numbers.
- The spear has the highest cost of any melee weapon in the game, and is second most expensive overall, with the most expensive being the Longbow.